Consider re-using events when you want to track instructor-led training OR offsite training that is offered multiple times throughout the year.
For example, safety meetings, toolbox talks, any offsite training like OSHA 30 hour safety meeting or first aid training.
The advantages of “re-using” an event instead of creating a new one each time is:
- You have one activity to select to run a roll-up report for any time period in the year
- It reduces the number activities that appear on the pick-list so that there is a reduced chance for choosing the wrong activity in error when assigning, creating completion records or running reports.
- Use the description field on the completion record to indicate the topic or agenda that was discussed during the meeting. The Event Session report will reflect the tops in one place.
- It becomes easy to electronically store and locate your agendas and sign-in sheets
- It becomes easy to detect who is missing your regularly scheduled meetings so you can schedule make up sessions
RE-USE EVENT PROCESS
The Event process is made up of 2 steps.
Step 1: Attach an Agenda to the Event Activity (optional)
Step 2: Credit the event (required) and attach the sign in sheet (optional)
STEP 1: ATTACH THE AGENDA (OPTIONAL)
Follow these steps to attach the agenda to the existing event:
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the screen
- Click the Activities link, then Activities on the left menu bar
- Refer to the Using Search article to search and locate the desired activity
- Click the Edit icon to the left of the desired activity
- Scroll down to the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen
- Refer to the Attachments: Add, View and Delete article to learn how to add an attachment to an activity.
- Click the Save and Close buttons.
STEP 2: CREDIT TRAINING (REQUIRED) ATTACH THE SIGN IN SHEET (OPTIONAL)
Refer to the Credit Training: Credit Wizard article to learn how to credit and event and attach the sign in sheet.