Changing a location in the Learning Management System (LMS) and the Incident Management System (IMS) allows you to select an organization unit other than your current Target location.
This provides you the ability to set up and customize certain features and make them unique for any selected organization unit. For example, notifications can be customized for each unit in your organization. Meaning, you can enable a notification in one region and have it remain disabled in another region. You would Change Location to the first region to enable it and do nothing with the second region.
Some of the features that you may want to consider customizing for each organization unit are as follows:
Note: Click the link to view the related article to learn more about how the feature is used and instructions for setup.
LMS and IMS Features
In addition to changing a location to customize a feature for a specific organization unit, you can also change the location to:
- View organization units, groups, activities, or repositories, and
- Run reports.
Changing a location can be used to exclude the items you do not want to see that were saved to other organization units.
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the screen.
- Select the Location button located at the top of the screen.
- A list of organization units will appear.
- Click the plus sign to the left of the desired organization unit to display other units of the organization. Keeping clicking plus signs until you reveal the desired organization unit.
- Select the desired organization unit or client company name.
Note: (1) If the organization unit or company name is not present, click the Refresh button in the lower right corner of the screen. (2) The selected organization will be underlined as pictured above.
- Click the Select button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- The selected location will appear on the Location line (following your current target location) at the top of the screen.
- Select the function you want to perform.