This article provides a list of questions that are routinely asked regarding completion records. Answers will include the steps to take to resolve issues relating to an assignment. There are many ways to troubleshoot assignments. The purpose of this article is to provide the most practical method to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the completion statuses in the LMS?
The LMS will display four stages of completion:
- Complete: the activity is complete and the user met the completion requirement. For example, obtain a passing score on a quiz.
- Incomplete: the activity has not yet been launched.
- In Progress: the activity was launched not completed, or the user did not meet the completion requirement. For example, obtain a passing score on a quiz.
- Overdue: the user did not complete the activity by the due date of the assignment.
- Not Required: the completion rule in a requirement has been set to "user must complete a certain number the activities above (## of ##)". This means if the user has completed the number of required activities; they do not need to complete the remaining activities in the requirement. Those remaining activities will be flagged with a status of "Not Required"
How do I search for a completion record when I want to edit it or delete it?
Please refer to the Tracking and Completions: Manage Completion Records - Edit and Delete to learn how to delete a completion record. Please read this article in its entirety as it contains important information you need to know before you delete a completion record.
How can I change an activity status from "In Progress" to "Incomplete?"
An LMS Administrator cannot change the "In Progress" status back to "Incomplete".
The status "In Progress" means one of the following:
- The activity was launched but not completed,
- The user did not meet the completion requirement. For example, obtain a passing score on a quiz.
- The activity is a class with multiple sessions and the user has not completed all the sessions.
There is really no need to change the status back to incomplete. If you really need to change the status, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com and ask for their assistance to change the status from "In Progress" back to "Incomplete".
How can I change an activity status from "Complete" back to "Incomplete"?
You will need to delete the completion record. Please refer to the Tracking and Completions: Manage Completion Records - Edit and Delete to learn how to delete a completion record. Please read this article in its entirety as it contains important information you need to know before you delete a completion record.
Why does the requirement in a qualification display as complete, even when the activities are displaying as incomplete?
The requirement has been added to multiple qualifications and the user had previously completed the requirement in that qualification. As long as the user has completed the requirement in any other qualification, the requirement status will reflect as complete.
Create separate requirements when you know you are going to assign the qualifications with those requirements to the same users, organization units, or groups.
Why can't I find a completion record for a class?In order for a user's status to reflect "Complete", the user must complete ALL the topics within a class. If the class includes multiple topics, and the user has only completed some of the topics, their status will reflect as "In Progress".
Refer to the Classes: Manage Class Roster (Take Attendance) article to edit the class roster to determine if there are multiple topics within a class and what topics your user has completed. Once they have been marked as attended for all topics, their status will change to "Complete".
Why does my completion status reflect "In Progress" or "Incomplete" when the employee states they completed the activity?This can happen when the user exits the browser rather than exiting the activity and then signing off the LMS. In those instances, the LMS may not update the status.
You can run the User Session Report to confirm they had launched the activity and verify the time they spent on the activity. Then you can credit the activity using the Credit Wizard.
If the activity is a CBT, refer to the CBT's Troubleshooting Problems with CBTs article as there are some additional troubleshooting steps you will need to follow.
Why doesn't an activity appear on a report, when I know the user completed the activity?There are several reasons why an activity will not appear on the report:
- The activity was not completed.
- The assignment was ended. This means that if the assignment was ended, the activity or qualification will not appear on the report. If the report includes the parameter "Show Activities that Have Ended", check that box and run the report again. Any activity or qualification that was ended will appear on the report.
- If the report includes a Start Date and End Date parameter, you may have entered dates that do not include the activity. For example, if the activity was completed on 06/20/2020 but your start and end date parameters are set to 01/01/2020 to 05/31/2020, the report will exclude any activities completed before 01/01/2020 and after 05/31/2020.
- The activity has been deactivated.
- The user has been deactivated. Some reports will display a Show Inactive Users checkbox. Check the box and click the View Report again to determine if your user has been deactivated.
What are the best reports to run to determine the status of an activity or qualification?
Please refer to the Reports: Which Report Do I Run? article. This article can help you determine the best report to run depending on the circumstances you are running the report for.