You can set up a secondary, expiring password for a user to use with our mobile apps. There are two reasons you would want to set up an alternate password:
- You want to be able to sign on to LMS using the mobile app and on the computer at the same time
- Allow single-sign on users to use the mobile apps via a secondary password when outside their company's network
Prior to using this option, there is some configuration required. Please follow all the steps in this article to insure that your users will be able to use the alternate password.
STEP 1: UPDATE SECURITY ROLES
You must enable any Master and Admin security role where you want to allow those administrators to generate the alternate password on the user record.
Follow these steps to update security roles:
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Security and then Roles from the left menu bar
- Search and locate the desired role to be modified
- Click the Edit button to the left of the desired role
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the Edit Role screen
- Click on the Manage Alternate Passwords toggle to turn it to YES
- Click the Save button to save the changes
- Repeat these steps for every security role that you wish to allow them the ability to generate alternate passwords for users.
STEP 2: UPDATE CONFIGURATION
Please refer to the Configuration article to learn how to enable the secondary, expiring password.
STEP 3: GENERATE ALTERNATE PASSWORD ON USER RECORD
Please refer to the User Record: Additional Functions article to learn how to generate