An attachment is a document that is scanned and uploaded to the User Record. A user cannot upload attachments until the Master LMS Administrator:
- Updates the Everyone security role
- Sets configuration
- Trains users to upload attachments
Caution should be taken when uploading any document that contains Personal Identifiable Information. Information such as birthdate, SSN, driver's license, bank numbers, passport numbers, and email addresses should be blacked out prior to uploading to the LMS.
Attachments can have file size of 700mb. Files types that can be added as attachments are: PDFs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, .jpeg. .and .png.
Please refer to the Home Tab Overview article for instructions for users to add attachments from the Home Tab.
STEP 1: UPDATE SECURITY ROLE
Before a user can add attachments, you must enable the Everyone Role to allow them to do so.
Follow these steps to update the Everyone Role:
- Click the Administration tab
- Click Security, then Roles from the left menu bar
- Search and locate the Everyone Role.
Note: it is usually named "Everyone at <company name>"
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Home Tab
- To enable Attachments:
- Click YES to View My Attachments. This allows the user to see the My Attachments menu item on the Home Tab.
- Click YES to Edit My Attachments. This allows the user to add and delete attachments on the My Attachments menu item on the Home Tab. If you do not want them to be able to add or delete attachments, keep this set to NO.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Close button.
STEP 2: SET CONFIGURATION
User Attachment Categories allow you to create categories for attachments added to user records. Users and administrators will be able to select a category when they are adding an attachment to the User Record.
Attachment categories are added in configuration. Please refer to the Configuration article to learn how to add and delete an attachment category.
STEP 3: TRAIN USERS TO UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS
Please refer your users to the Home Tab Overview article to learn how to add, download, and delete an attachment from their Home Page.