At Convergence Training, our goal is to provide a superior software and support experience for every customer. With that in mind, our team works constantly to enhance software performance and add features that make work easier and more efficient.
Here are our most recent additions and improvements to the latest version of the Learning Management System (LMS).
Below are some of the most notable items that you may find of interest in this release:
Note: Your LMS may not yet be updated to this specific version. Please contact our Support team for information regarding when your system will be updated with the latest version.
These notes are organized in the order of the menu to which the item corresponds within the LMS.
TRAINING IMPORT AND CREATION
Added Quiz Features
The following new features are added to the Quiz Properties tab to give administrators more options with quizzes:
- Limit Number of Attempts - Set the number for how many times users can take the quiz.
- When a user exceeds the limit, a popup message tells them they have no remaining attempts to complete the quiz, and to contact a supervisor.
- The supervisor receives a daily notification listing users who have exceeded the attempt limit for that quiz.
- The supervisor can go to the Approve Quiz Retry menu, under the Activities menu, and approve or deny additional attempts for the user.
- The user receives a notification showing approval or denial.
- If approved, the user can attempt the quiz again the same number of attempts as originally set for that quiz.
- If denied, the user will not be able to take the quiz again, even if part of a recurring assignment, until a supervisor approves.
- Limit Time Per Attempt - Set the number of minutes allowed to complete the quiz.
- When the user launches the quiz, the welcome screen displays the time they have to complete it.
- When they begin, a clock displays, and counts down the time.
- If they don’t complete the quiz within the required time, the Quiz Results screen shows that they did not pass, and the number of attempts they have left (if set for the quiz) displays.
- They can retake the quiz as many times as set in the quiz properties.
Please refer to the following new and updated articles to learn more about activating and using these features.
- Quizzes: Create, Copy, Edit and Delete Upadated Article. Includes new quiz property selections
- Quizzes: Activate Supervisor Approval New Article. Instructs how to activate supervisor approval on a quz
- Quizzes: Approve or Deny Quiz Retry Request New Article. Instructs and administrator how to approve or deny quiz retry requests.
In addition, these articles have been updated:
Notifications: Sample Notifications Updated Article. Includes samples of the new notifications.
Security Role: Create a Custom Security Role: Updated Article. Includes how to turn on the Approve Quiz Retry
We have added a Signature activity to collect a user's signature. You create it using the Content Wizard, just like a Quiz or Tasklist. Its purpose is to have the user sign at the end of their training, to acknowledge completion of all the listed training activities. Typically, it would be assigned as the last activity in a Qualification/Training Program.
- The user launches the Signature activity from their Training tab, which presents a blank signature line that they sign with the mouse. Note: This feature is not currently supported on the Convergence mobile apps.
- When signed, a completion record is created. An image of the signature is attached to the User record under Attachments, but currently does not display on any reports.
- An administrator’s security role needs to have Manage Signatures set to yes, which gives access to create Signatures in the Content Wizard, and to the Signatures menu under the Training Import and Creation menu.
- You can add signing instructions for the user if needed.
Please refer to the following Signature Activity: Create, Edit and Delete article to learn how to use this feature.
Assignment Identifier for Filtering Reports
A new optional field called Assignment Identifier has been added to the bottom of the Assign Training screen. Its purpose is to provide the ability to label or "tag" training assignments with a unique identifier so that you can associate different assignments with each other using the same identifier. You can then filter reports by that identifier to show all the related assignments.
For example, if you want to identify certain assignments as part of a specific cost center, you can use the cost center name, such as "Cost Center 123," as the identifier, and then filter reports by that cost center identifier.
Note: Currently only certain Qualification reports can be filtered by the Assignment Identifier, but there are plans to add Activity reports in the near future. A list of the available Qualification reports that can use this feature will soon be posted.
When you run the Qualification report and select the Qualification for which you want to run the report, the new option "Qualifications by Assignment Identifier" can be selected from the drop down menu. Available identifiers, such as "Cost Center 123" used in the example above, will be listed, and you can select that identifier with which to run the report.
Please refer to the Assign Training: Assignment Identifier article to learn how this new feature can be used.
Individual Scheduling for Inherited Assignments (Basic Scheduling Only)
This feature allows you to assign different dates, such as start and due dates, to individual activities or qualifications within the same inherited assignment.
The purpose of Individual Scheduling is so that you can setup a single assignment that contains multiple activities and/or qualifications, and give each activity or qualification unique dates when someone inherits that assignment.
For example, a user inherits an assignment that has three activities: Activity 1 appears immediately, and is due in one day. Activities 2 and 3 appear the next day, and are due in a week.
Note: with a qualification, the dates set are for the qualification as a whole, and cannot be specified differently for each separate activity within the qualification.)
You can also set different End dates (when the item no longer appears), and different Ignore Completion dates.
To activate this feature, you must check the Individual Scheduling box under Training Settings on the Configuration page under the System menu.
Note: To use this feature, you must edit an existing Basic Scheduling assignment. The Individual Scheduling button does not appear when making a new assignment, but only when you edit an existing one.
Please refer to the following articles:
- Configuration to turn on the Individual Scheduling option.
- Assign Training: Individual Scheduling article to learn how to use this feature.
More Password Policy Options
The following password features have been added for increased security:
- Prevent Password Reuse – Prevent users from re-using their same password.
- To activate, check the box by Password History on the Configuration screen under Password Policy.
- Indicate the number of password changes they must make before they can use the same password again.
- Lockout After Failed Login Attempts – Lock out a user after a set number of failed login attempts.
- To activate, check the box by Password Failure Lockout on the Configuration screen under Password Policy.
- Then set the number of failed attempts allowed before the user will be locked out.
- When a user fails to successfully login after the set number of attempts, their user record will be locked, and they must have an Administrator unlock it for them. See the article Users: Lock Out a User/Unlock a User.
- Limit the Number of Forgotten Password Resets – Limit how many times in a 24-hour period users can use the forgotten password option when they try to login. This can help prevent attempted logins by someone other than a valid user.
- To activate, check the Forgotten Password Reset Limit box on the Configuration screen under Password Policy.
- Indicate how many times in a 24-hour period they can reset. The default is 1.
Please refer to the updated Configuration article to learn how to turn on these new features.
Change Password Requires Entry of Old Password
When a user tries to change their password - Home tab > Change My Password menu - they are now prompted to first enter the old password. This adds a layer of security to ensure user identify.
Please refer to the updated Home Tab Overview article for instructions to change your password.