OSHA Form 300: Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses is used by employers to record all reportable injuries and illnesses that occur in the workplace.
Generally, an OSHA recordable injury or illness is one that requires medical treatment beyond first aid, causes death, days away from work, restricted work or transfer to another job, or loss of consciousness.
There is no requirement to electronically file or publicly post OSHA Form 301 at this time. The regulation does not prohibit its posting. All OSHA forms must be retained for five years.
The sample report above includes a color key to indicate the record that data is pulling from to complete the report.
- Yellow: User Record
- Salmon: Injuries Tab of the Incident Report
- Purple: Incident Tab of the Incident Report
- Pink: Injuries Tab (Body Part Type)
- Turquoise: Establishments Record
Click Sample OSHA Form 300: Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses to view a completed report with color key.
PRODUCING THE REPORT
In order to produce this report, you must have a security role of Incident Manager Master.
Follow these steps to complete and produce the report:
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the screen.
- Click Incident Management, then Establishments on the left menu bar.
- Search and locate the establishment you would like to produce OSHA Form 300 for.
- Click the Printer Icon to the left of the desired establishment.
Note: If the Printer Icon is not active, it means that you have not been given the security role of Incident Manager Master. Please contact your Incident Manager Master to resolve. If you are the Incident Manager Master, then your security role has not been set up properly. Please contact support at email@example.com to resolve.
- When OSHA Form 300 Screen appears:
- Type the desired year in the Year field.
- Click the View Report button.
- The report will appear on the screen.
- If data on the report is missing or incomplete:
- Use the color key above to identify which record to edit.
- Edit the record to correct data or add missing data.
- Run the report again.
- Click the Printer Icon at the top of the screen and follow the on screen prompts to print the report.
- Email Report - One Time: Refer to the Reports: Run, Print, Export and Email article to learn how to email the report one-time.
- Email Report - Recurring: Refer to the Reports: Run, Print, Export and Email article to learn how to email the report on a recurring basis.