An establishment is defined as a unique physical location (defined by a street address and an NAICS code) where business is conducted or where services are performed.
When employees do not work at a single physical location, such as construction; transportation; communications, electric, gas and sanitary services; the establishment is represented by main or branch offices that either supervise such work or are the base from which personnel carry out the work.
Before Convergence Training can setup your Incident Management System (IMS), we need to know the how many establishments to license and their names. Read the guide below to help you identify your establishments.
Please refer to the Establishments: Overview article to learn about best practices and an overview of the Establishments menu.
Please refer to the Establishments: Setup and Manage Your Establishments article to learn how to setup, edit, add, close, and combine establishments in your company.
GUIDE TO DETERMINE ESTABLISHMENTS
Follow this guide to determine the number of establishments you will need to license. Once you have identified your establishments, please provide the names of the establishments to your sales representative. This information will be used to set-up your licensed establishments in the IMS.
What OSHA/MSHA establishments did you file last year?
- Log into https://www.osha.gov/injuryreporting/ita and view establishment list. Screen print or save as a .txt file.
- If you did not electronically file or do not have the credentials to login ask the person that filed last year to provide a list.
- Contact the OSHA/MSHA Education Outreach for guidance.
- New companies: provide a list of each physical location (defined by street address and OSHA NACIS number or MSHA Mine ID number) that will require tracking and reporting of incidents.
- Companies where employees are contracted to work at multiple locations: establishments are represented by main or branch offices that either supervise the work or are the base from which personnel carry out the work.
Did you add any new establishments since you reported the previous year?
- Add the additional establishment names to the list.
Did you close or do existing establishments no longer require reporting?
- Remove any closed or non-reporting establishments from the list.
Did you combine establishments last year?
- IMS ONLY: Set up one establishment for both locations.
- IMS and LMS: Work with the LMS Administrators to determine how or if you need to restructure the organization structure to accommodate this change.
REMINDER: Please provide the list of establishment names to your sales representative so they can insure that you have the correct number of licensed establishments in the IMS.