Groups are used by the Incident Management System (IMS) to identify the IMS Administrators that you want to receive the notifications listed below.
Note: Please refer to the Notifications: Overview Incident Management System to learn about all the Incident Management Notifications.
- New Incident
- Incident Pending Final Review
- Corrective Action Overdue
- Corrective Action Complete
for the following incident types and pending final review status:
- Safety Observation
- Near Miss
- Property Damage
- Motor Vehicle
- Pending Final Review
Each establishment will automatically have the 8 notification groups listed above. As a part of the setup and configuration of your IMS, you will need to determine:
- Which administrators you want to receive notifications by each incident type?
- Will the administrators that you want to receive the incident notifications listed above be:
- the same at ALL establishments or
- will each establishment have different administrators
There are four methods to manage group membership:
- Edit the Group Record: to add one or more users to one group at a time. Please refer to the Groups: Add, Edit, and Delete article to learn how to edit a group to add users.
- Edit the User Record: to add a single user to one or more groups. Please refer to the Users: Add, Edit and Delete article to learn how to add a single user to one or more groups.
- Edit the Establishment Record: to add one or more users to one or more groups for a single establishment. Please refer to the Establishments: Setup and Manage Your Establishments article to learn how to add one or more users to one or more groups for a single establishment.
- IMS Group Import Spreadsheet: to add multiple users to multiple groups for one or more establishments. Generally, you will use this to initially setup and configure your IMS. Please refer to the IMS Data Import: IMS Group Import Spreadsheet article to learn how to complete the spreadsheet.
MANAGING GROUP MEMBERSHIP
Group membership may need to be updated periodically as you add new administrators or as existing administrators may change their job role and no longer need access to the IMS. Any of the methods listed above can be used to update your group membership. Here is a guide that will help you decide which editing method you should use:
- You want to add one user to multiple groups: Edit the User Record
- You want to add multiple users to multiple groups: Edit the Establishment Record OR Edit the Group Record
- You want to initially set up membership in all your groups: Complete the IMS Group Import Spreadsheet