Contacts in the Incident Management System (IMS) are non-employees that may witness or be involved in an incident. Examples can include but are not limited to:
- Temporary employees
- Seasonal workers
Contacts are optional and do not require being added to the IMS until they are involved in an incident. Contacts are selected on the People tab when adding a user or contact.
Contacts MUST be added for each establishment in order for a user with an Incident Submitter role to pick from an existing contact.
Administrators can add Contacts on-the-fly when creating a new or editing an existing incident.
Please refer to the People Tab article to learn how to add an existing contact or add a new contact when creating a new incident or editing an existing incident.
- Contacts can be added at any time.
- Contacts are optional and do not require being added to the IMS until they are involved in an incident.
- Add non-employees to contacts in advance when a significant portion of your workforce is made up of non-employees.
- Deleting contacts that have been used in an incident will affect open and closed incident reports.
- Use the IMS Data Import: IMS Contacts Import Spreadsheet to add multiple contacts for one or more establishments. Generally, you will use this to initially setup and configure your IMS. Please refer to the IMS Data Import: IMS Contacts Import Spreadsheet article to learn how to complete the spreadsheet.
CREATE, EDIT, DELETE AND DEACTIVATE
Adding, editing, deleting, and deactivating contacts in the IMS follow the same steps as the LMS. Refer to the Contacts: Add, Edit, Delete and Deactivate article to learn how create, modify or delete contacts.