Contacts in the Incident Management System (IMS) are non-employees that may witness or be involved in an incident. Examples can include but are not limited to:
- Temporary employees
- Seasonal workers
Contacts are optional and do not require being added to the IMS until they are involved in an incident. Contacts are selected on the People tab when adding a user or contact.
- Contacts can be added at any time.
- Contacts are optional and do not require being added to the IMS until they are involved in an incident.
- Add non-employees to contacts in advance when a significant portion of your workforce is made up of non-employees.
- Deleting contacts that have been used in an incident will affect open and closed incident reports.
- Use the IMS Data Import: IMS Contacts Import Spreadsheet to add multiple contacts for one or more establishments. Generally, you will use this to initially setup and configure your IMS. Please refer to the IMS Data Import: IMS Contacts Import Spreadsheet article to learn how to complete the spreadsheet.
CREATE, EDIT AND DELETE
Adding, editing and deleting contacts in the IMS follow the same steps as the LMS. Refer to the Contacts: Add, Edit and Delete article to learn how create, modify or delete contacts.