A place in the Incident Management System (IMS) is the general location where the incident occurred. Examples can include but are not limited to:
- Engineering Lab
- Front Office
- Machine Room
- Manufacturing Lab
- Offsite (a general entry to describe all offsite incidents)
- Other (a general entry to describe any incident)
- Parking Lot
Places MUST be added for each establishment. They will be available to select in the Place drop down list when a user or an administrator reports an incident. Places are a required entry field in the incident. If you do not complete this step in the setup process, you will not be able to save any incident.
- Places must be created for EACH establishment.
- You must create a minimum of ONE place PER establishment. For example, "Other."
- Consider adding more than one place. Multiple places allow you the ability to produce reports that determine where accidents occur most often.
- You can add additional places at any time.
- Deleting places that have been used in an incident will affect open and closed incident reports.
- Use the IMS Data Import: IMS Places Import Spreadsheet to add multiple places for one or more establishments. Generally, you will use this to initially setup and configure your IMS. Please refer to the IMS Data Import: IMS Places Import Spreadsheet article to learn how to complete the spreadsheet.
CREATE, EDIT AND DELETE
Adding, editing and deleting places in the IMS follow the same steps as the LMS. Refer to the Places: Add, Edit and Delete article to learn how create, modify or delete places.