IMS Administrators can import users in their notification groups by completing the IMS Group Import Spreadsheet and return to Convergence Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will provide you with a case number and upload within 24 hours of receipt of your spreadsheet.
Note: It is important that the spreadsheet be completed using the steps below, otherwise the data may not import into the correct data fields.
Each establishment will automatically have the 8 notification groups listed below. As a part of the setup and configuration of your IMS, you will need to determine which administrators you want to receive notifications; by each incident type, by establishment.
Please refer to the Groups Overview: Incident Management System article to learn about the how your notification groups are created and recommended best practices.
The IMS Group Import Spreadsheet includes three tabs:
- Instructions: provides the steps to complete the spreadsheet
- Group: the tab you will enter data
- Example Data: provides an example for how the spreadsheet should be completed
Click on the IMS Group Import Spreadsheet to download a copy of the spreadsheet, if you do not have a current copy.
This spreadsheet allows you to quickly populate the memberships of all your notification groups.
- Do NOT change column names as it affects how data will be populated.
- Do NOT add, delete or change the column order as it affects how data will be populated.
- Data entered in columns will be added to the LMS exactly how they are entered. For example, if the data in a column is entered in all CAPS, the data will display in all CAPS in the IMS.
COMPLETE THE GROUP TAB
Follow these steps to complete the Group tab of the spreadsheet:
Note: Establishments correspond to a unit in your organization; typically a SITE but in some instances can be a REGION. Before you complete this spreadsheet, you should know which organization unit corresponds to your establishments. If you are not certain, please contact our support team by emailing email@example.com for assistance. Or, refer to the Establishments: Overview article to learn more about Establishments.
- Launch the spreadsheet.
- Click on Group tab.
- Organization: Type the organization name exactly how it appears in the IMS. For example, ACME Corporation.
- Region: Type the region name (IF it corresponds to your Establishment) exactly how it appears in the IMS. For example, NW Region.
Note: If this is NOT the organization unit identified with your establishment, leave blank.
- Site: Type the site name (IF it corresponds to your Establishment) exactly how it appears in the IMS. For example, Portland Site.
- Department: Leave blank.
- Team: Leave blank.
- Group: Type the name of the notification group exactly how it appears in the IMS that you would like to add users to. For example, Near Miss Notifications.
- Username: type the username exactly how it appears in the IMS that you would like to add to the notification group.
- Repeat these steps until you have added all the users to the notification groups for each establishment.
- Save and close the spreadsheet.
- When complete, forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.