The Express LMS allows you to work with 4 different types of training activities:
Document: Written materials such as Word, Excel, PPT, PDF and MP4 video files. For example, your company’s Drug and Alcohol policy as explained in a PPT presentation.
Videos: MP4 video files. For example, a short video that demonstrates how to inspect a fire extinguisher
CBT: Multimedia e-learning courses. For example, a Convergence Training produced safety training course on Hazard Communication
Training Events: A “miscellaneous” activity type for assigning and/or crediting any type of training. For example,
- Friday safety meeting
- A site tour for new hires
- A class led by a third party training consultant
- A two year degree program at the local community college
- An apprenticeship program
The LMS lets you import, create, assign, give credit for and run reports on all training activities applicable to the Express LMS. Creating and using a blended training program allows you to provide training in a variety of formats to your users to achieve learning that transfers back to their on-the-job performance.
- Consider establishing naming conventions to ensure that you can easily search and locate all activities associated to a subject. For example, should all activities about PPE be named with the acronym (PPE) or spelled out Personal Protective Equipment?
- You should only import CBTs, documents and videos that you are licensed and authorized to share.
- Avoid deleting files and activities as any user completion records associated with the file will be deleted. Instead, deactivate an activity.
- Convergence Training can help automate the process of importing certain types of training content. Contact email@example.com for more information
IMPORT AND CREATE TRAINING CONTENT
Refer to the following articles to learn how to create and import your training content:
- CBTs: Import, Update, Move and Delete
- Documents: Import, Update, Move, and Delete
- Events: Create, Update and Delete
- Videos: Import, Update, Move, and Delete