The User Import Spreadsheet provides you with the option of adding your organization units and user records so they can be created automatically when the spreadsheet is imported into the LMS.
The import spreadsheet includes three tabs:
- Tab 1 Instructions: Provides instructions for completing the spreadsheet.
- Tab 2 Organization: Add the data for your entire organization.
- Tab 3 Example Data: Provides examples of how the data is entered in the User Import Spreadsheet.
ONLINE HELP CENTER ARTICLES
If you have not completed your training, please refer to the following articles to help you determine how to set up your organization structure.
- Full Service LMS (Enterprise and MSHA): Please refer to the Organization Structure Overview: Full Service LMS (Enterprise and MSHA) article for an overview for how to create your organization structure.
- Express LMS: Please refer to the Organization Structure Overview: Express LMS article for an overview for how to create your organization structure.
- Please refer to the Getting Started Guide: Learning Management System to learn more about setting up the LMS.
Before you complete the spreadsheet follow these best practices:
- Columns with pink headers are required entry fields.
- Columns with gray headers are optional fields.
- Please do not rename column headers OR add, delete or change the column order.
- Data in the spreadsheet will display in the LMS exactly as entered in the spreadsheet. For example if JACK is entered in all CAPS it will display in the User Record in all CAPS.
- Please return the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When uploaded to your LMS by our support team, all organization units and employee records will be automatically created in the LMS.
COMPLETE THE USER IMPORT SPREADSHEET
Follow these steps to complete the spreadsheet:
Note: Red = required entry, Black = optional entry
- Contact email@example.com to obtain a copy of the spreadsheet.
- Click on Tab 2 Organization to add data into the spreadsheet
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Import:Type Yes to import the user record.
- IsActive: Type TRUE to import the user as an "Active" user. Type FALSE to import the user as an "Inactive" user.
- Organization: Type the Organization Name exactly as it appears in the LMS.
- Region: Type the Region name.
Full Service LMS: you may have an unlimited number of regions.
Express LMS: you are limited to one region.
- Site: Type the Site name.
- Full Service LMS: you may have an unlimited number of sites.
Express LMS: you are limited to one site.
- Department: Type the Department name. All LMS types may have an unlimited number of departments.
- Team: Type the Team name. All LMS types may have an unlimited number of teams
- User: Type the first name of the User.
- Lastname: Type the last name of the user.
- Username: Type the user's username.
- Password: Type the user's password.
Note: If the password field is left blank, the password will default to Password1.
- Email: Type the user's email address.
- Phone: Type the user's office phone number.
- Title: Type the user's job title.
- UserField1: Optional field used to collect data not included in the user record. For example, employee number.
- SupvUsername: Add supervisor's user name.
- NewUserNotification: Type Yes to send a new user notification. Otherwise leave blank.
- HireDate: Type hire date in a MM/DD/YYYY format.
- RenewalDate: Type renewal date in a MM/DD/YYYY format.
- RenewalDatePeriod: Type 1, 2, or 3. Represents how long the employee is certified for. The numbers represent periods in years.
- Save and close the spreadsheet.
- Email the completed spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.