HR Sync is a method that can be used to sync users with an extract of data from your HRIS or payroll system into the LMS. This means that as workers are hired or transferred, they will be added to the LMS or moved to the appropriate team. When a user leaves your organization, their user record in the LMS will automatically be deactivated.
Using HR Sync keeps your employees current in the LMS and relieves an LMS Administrator from the responsibility of adding, moving and updating the user record every time you hire employees, they move to another team or change their name.
IMPORT OPTIONS AND FREQUENCY
The most common method to sync users is via a "flat file." The process is as follows:
- A data file is prepared by you and uploaded a secure location. For example, an FTPS site or Dropbox folder.
- Convergence Training will download the file from the secure site and uploaded to the Convergence Training LMS at a regularly scheduled time.
You can choose your sync frequency. For example, daily, weekly, or monthly.
'Typically, you can provide any data from your HRIS/payroll system in the file that matches a data field in the Convergence LMS user record. The user record contains an additional four fields that can be used to store additional data.
Data entered in the file will display in the LMS exactly as entered. For example,
- If your HR system uses the legal name Jack but everyone knows him as John - his user record will display Jack.
- If data in the sync file is in all CAPS (JACK), it will display in the user record in all CAPS.
Once HR Sync has been implemented, avoid adding or editing user records, changing user teams, deactivating and reactivating users. This could lead to duplicate user records or resetting the data changed to the data contained in the sync file.
OPTIONS FOR EXTRACTING DATA
Options available to extract data to a flat file are:
- Work with your IT department and/or technical HR resource to create a flat file report containing the data from your HRIS or payroll system that will be uploaded to the LMS. Typically, the flat file report will be automated to run according to a recurring schedule and be uploaded to the secure location where Convergence can download.
- Many HRIS or payroll companies will create the flat file report and upload to the secure location on a recurring schedule for a fee.
You will want to set up a meeting with our support team when you want to begin the HR Sync process. We recommend that you include a member of the HR and IT teams and include your Master Administrator.
If you plan to have your HR/payroll system create the file for you, please reach out to them first so you can work out any cost details and be assigned a representative. This representative should be included in the initial meeting mentioned above.
Please contact Convergence Support at email@example.com when you are ready to move forward with this feature.