Use the Training Plan Simulation tool in Advanced Scheduling mode to see how the values in the Learner’s Due Date and Status columns appear based on a hypothetical Completion Date. The three Status types are impacted by the settings made in the Completion Status Expiration Date and the Last Completion Date as follows:
- Incomplete: The learner has not started the assignment BEFORE the Due Date or the Last Completion Date OR the day AFTER the Completion Status Expiration Date.
- Complete: The learner has completed the training BEFORE the Due Date AND the Completion Status Expiration Date has not yet been reached.
- Overdue: The learner has not completed the assignment or the Last Completion Date is AFTER the Due Date.
The Due Date is impacted by the dates entered in the Due Date and Recurring Due Date fields and the selection made in the Completion Status Expiration Date field.
USING THE TRAINING PLAN SIMULATION
Follow these steps to use the Training Plan Simulation:
- Complete Steps 1-2 of the Assign Training screen.
- Click the Advanced Scheduling button.
- Complete Step 3 of the Assign Training screen. Refer to the Assign Training: Advanced Scheduling Mode article for instructions to complete this section of the screen.
- Click the Training Plan Simulation button.
Complete the following steps:
Step 1: Use the Sample Completions: Use the buttons located in the Last Completion Date column to create hypothetical completion dates for one or all activities.
Use the buttons as follows: Add a new completion date Edit last completion date Delete all completion dates for this activity
Step 2: Pick a future date for which you would like to see a simulation of the Status and Due Date columns.
Step 3: Click the Begin button. The Training Plan Simulation will display the Due and Status column to match the hypothetical settings you made in the earlier steps.
Step 4: Close the Training Plan Simulation and return to the Assign Training screen to complete the assignment.