The LMS allows provides three methods to share training content when Master Administrators want to share (or selectively share) their training content with other LMS Administrators whose access is limited to a specific organizational unit within the LMS. This means that one administrator will not be able to modify or assign any activity that was imported or created by another administrator when they do not share the same organization level access.
This article does NOT apply to companies with LMS Administrators that do share the same administrative access rights at the same level in the organization.
The three methods to share training content are:
- Make Files Public. Please refer to the Activities: Public and Private Sharing article for instructions to make files public
- Training Authorization. Please refer to the Training Authorization: Create, View and Revoke for instructions to create and manage training authorizations
- Use the Content Region. Please refer to the Organization: Content Region to learn how to use the Content to manage training content that you would like to share with selected administrators.
Note: For clients that have been with us for a number of years, you may not have a Content Region. Therefore, we may have stored your content in a "Training Region" or in an organization unit that not all your administrators have access to. Please contact our support team at email@example.com if you would like to review how your content is set up and determine whether or not you need a Content Region.
Each method has it's advantages, and the comparison chart below provides an explanation to help you determine a best practice for your company. You are not limited to using one method. You can use all three depending on your circumstances and what you want the administrator to be able to do.
Please refer to the following articles for more information about organizing and sharing training content:
- Organization: Content Region - This article describes the purpose of the Content Region and how it is used to store training content, qualifications, groups, places and contacts to be shared with selected administrators.
- Repositories: Organizing Your Training Content - This article provides best practices to organize your training content making it easier to assign, track, and report on.
SHARE TRAINING CONTENT COMPARISON CHART
Below is an explanation of each of the three methods to share training content with other administrators.
|Options||Who Can Share||What Recipients Can Do||Works Best When....|
Based on their security role, may or may not:
You want to provide training content to all administrators to assign training content and limit the number of administrators who can modify the training content stored in the Content Region.
|Make Files Public||Master and Admin||
You want to provide administrators in other organization units with training content and allow them to modify the content.
You want to present a uniform, company-wide training program by providing administrators the ability to assign the training content only.
The following articles provide instructions to perform any of the following functions:
Makes Files Public: Please refer to the Activities: Public and Private Sharing article for instructions to make files public.
Training Authorization: Please refer to the Training Authorization: Create, View and Revoke for instructions to create and manage training authorizations.
Shared Content Organization Unit: Please refer to the Organization: Content Region for instructions to create and manage a shared content organization unit.