The LMS allows you to import or create 8 different activity types:
- Documents: Written materials such as Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint slideshows, and PDFs. For example, your company’s Drug and Alcohol policy as explained in a PPT presentation or a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) presented in a Word document
- Videos: MP4 video files. For example, a short video that demonstrates how to inspect a fire extinguisher
- CBTs: Multimedia e-learning courses. For example, a Convergence Training produced safety training course on Hazard Communication
- Quizzes: An interactive quiz you create in the LMS that can be completed online. For example, a quiz about your company’s confined space policy
- Tasklists: A checklist made up of tasks that an employee must be able to perform in order to work with a piece of equipment or perform a specific task. For example, a Lockout Tagout Checklist or a Forklift Maintenance checklist.
- Surveys: Evaluate or poll your employees. For example, you can create a survey to evaluate instructor-led training, conduct satisfaction surveys, or poll your workers for their feedback on recent changes made in your organization or their work area.
- Events: One method to assign and credit instructor-led training or any miscellaneous training. You can create and credit training in one step. For example:
- Weekly safety meeting
- A site tour for new hires
- A class led by a third party training consultant
- Off-site training
- A two-year degree program at the local community college
- An apprenticeship program
- Classes: The second method to assign and credit instructor-led training.
The LMS lets you import, create, assign, give credit for and run reports on all training activities. Creating and using a blended training program allows you to provide training in a variety of formats to your users to achieve learning that transfers back to their on-the-job performance.
- Consider establishing naming conventions to ensure that you can easily search and locate all activities associated to a subject. For example, should all activities about PPE be named with the acronym (PPE) or spelled out Personal Protective Equipment?
- You should only import CBTs, documents and videos that you are licensed and authorized to share.
- Avoid deleting files and activities as any user completion records associated with the file will be deleted. Instead, deactivate an activity.
- Convergence Training can help automate the process of importing certain types of training content. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
IMPORT AND CREATE TRAINING CONTENT
Refer to the following articles to learn how to create and import your training content:
- CBTs: Import, Update, Move and Delete
- Classes: Create, Update and Delete
- Documents: Import, Update, Move, and Delete
- Events: Create, Update and Delete
- Quizzes: Create, Copy, Edit and Delete
- Surveys: Create, Copy, Edit and Delete
- Tasklists: Create, Update, and Delete
- Videos: Import, Update, Move, and Delete
Refer to the Share Training Content Between Organization Units article to learn the options you have for sharing content between organization units.