A locked out user functions in the same way as an inactive user EXCEPT they are still counted as a licensed user. In addition, a locked out user:
- Can’t log in
- Can’t view or complete training
- Appears in your default view of the Manage Users screen
- Appears on “Select” screens
- Appears as an option when you’re assigning training
- Appears as an option when you’re manually giving credit for completing training
- Appears as an option when you’re choosing Users to run a report about
Deactivating a user is the preferable alternative to deleting or locking out a user. Refer to the Users: Deactivate and Activate article for instructions to deactivate and activate users.
LOCK OUT A USER
Follow these steps to lock out a user:
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the Organization Menu, then the Users link on the left navigation bar.
- Search and locate the user following the directions provided in the Using Search article.
- Click the Edit button to the left of the desired user name.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Properties section at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Advanced Properties.
- Check the Account Locked checkbox.
- Click the Save button located on the menu bar.
- Click the Close button after the Changes Saved confirmation appears.
- You will be returned to the Manage Users screen.