Article Links Introduction | Step 1: Create the Sites | Step 2: Existing Content: Change the Activity Location | Step 3: Existing Content: Change the Repository | Add New Content | Accessing the Content to Assign, Credit, and Report | View Activities in a Site |
This article will provide the best method to organize your training content in a way that it will make it easy for your administrators to locate activities to assign, track and report on.
As a best practice, we recommend that you organize the training content you want to share in the Content Region. This is accomplished by creating sites in the Content Region that represent the categories of training you want to organize.
For clients that have been with us for a number of years, you may not have a Content Region. Therefore, we may have stored your content in a "Training Region" or in an organizational unit that not all your administrators have access to. Please contact our support team at email@example.com if you would like to review how your content is set up and determine whether or not you need a Content Region.
The example above demonstrates the sites created to organize training materials for Driver Safety, Lockout Tagout, and Welding. When you create a site, the LMS automatically creates the repository that the training content will be stored in.
Please refer to the following articles for more information about organizing and sharing training content:
- Organization: Content Region- This article describes the purpose of the Content Region and how it is used to store training content, qualifications, groups, places, and contacts to be shared with selected administrators.
- Training Import and Creation: Share Training Content Between Organization Units - TThis article provides an explanation of the three methods to share training content between organization units.
STEP 1: CREATE THE SITES
The first step to organizing content is to create the sites.
The example above demonstrates the sites that have been created to organize training materials for Driver Safety, Lockout Tagout and Welding. When you create a site, the LMS automatically creates the repository that the training content will be stored in.
- Name the site in a way that indicates it is used to store training content in. Think of the site as the "category" of training.
- Always create the site first. The repository will be automatically created and synced to the site.
Note: Do not create a repository. If you create only the repository, you will not be able to access your training content. It has to be synced with the site.
Refer to the Sites: Create a Site article to learn how to create a site. Be sure to name the site in a way that indicates it is used to store training content.
After the site is created, it will be listed on Manage Sites screen.
STEP 2: EXISTING CONTENT - CHANGE THE ACTIVITY LOCATION
For any existing activity you will be required to change the activity location.
Please refer to the Activities: Manage Activities article to learn how to change an activity location.
On the Edit Activity screen, be sure to change the Location to the site that matches the "category" of training content.
STEP 3: EXISTING CONTENT - CHANGE THE REPOSITORY
For any existing activity you will be required to change the repository.
Please refer to the Activities: Manage Activities article to learn how to change the repository.
On the Edit Activity screen, be sure to change the Repository to the site repository that matches the "category" of training content.
VIEW ACTIVITIES IN THE SITE
You can view the activities stored in each site by changing your location to the site you want to see the list of activities for.
Follow these steps:
- Click Activities, then Activities from the left menu bar
- Click the Location button at the top of the screen and select the site you want to view content.
- Click the Select button at the bottom right of the screen.
- You will be returned to the Manage Activities screen. A list of activities that are stored at this site will appear.
ADD NEW CONTENT
You can create or import training content and store it in the site repository that corresponds to the type of content you are importing.
Refer to the Content Import and Creation articles to learn how to create and import training content.
As you are prompted for repositories select the Repository to the site repository that matches the "category" of training content.
ACCESSING CONTENT TO ASSIGN, CREDIT, AND REPORT
Administrators that have been assigned a security role to access the Content Region will need to perform an extra step to access the activities, qualifications, groups, contacts, and places stored there.
Note: Masters and Admins with a security role target of the organization will NOT need to perform the steps below.
Follow this additional step to access training content stored in any of the site repositories to assign, credit, and report. When you are at the select training screen The Available Records Table will NOT automatically display the training content stored on the site.
- Click the Select a Location button.
- Choose a Location screen: Select the site that applies to the training you want to assign with your left mouse so that it is underlined.
- Click the Select button in the lower right corner of the screen
- You will be returned to the Select Training screen. The location has been changed to the selected site. The Available Records Table will default to display any qualifications or activities that have been added to that site.
- Check the checkbox to the left of each qualification or activity you want to assign, credit, or report on. Click the right arrow button to move the selected item(s) to the Selected Records Table.
- Click the Select button in the upper left corner of the screen.